New Yoga Classes Starting in May
These 8-week classes start the week of May 11th. Fees include HST & are pro-rated if you join the remainder of the class. Register for 8 weeks & get 50% off drop-in to other classes. Drop-ins welcome! Visit www.balanceatwork.ca/classes for details.
- Workday De-Stress: A gentle Hatha series that targets the areas of the body that suffer most from prolonged sitting but will leave anyone feeling relaxed an energized. Before-work, lunch-hour, & after-work classes. (40-45 minutes; formerly “Office Worker Yoga”)
- NEW! Mid-week Recharge: A hump-day lunch-hour flow class to give your body and metabolism a boost. (30 minutes)
- Gentle-men’s Yoga: For men who are seeking to balance their masculine and feminine energies. Embrace your power through calmness with a heart-centred check-in, silent meditation, and a Yang-Yin practice. (90 minutes)
- NEW! Build-Your-Own Yoga Class: Custom-tailored yoga for you & your friends! Choose the style you want, how long you want to practice for, and when you want your classes to take place… they don’t have to be the same each week!
- Private and Semi-Private Lessons: For those with unusual schedules or who are seeking extra personal support. Private and semi-private sessions are available for 30 to 90 minutes. Book 4 sessions and receive 10% off.
Irregular Schedule? Can’t decide which class to take?
Why not mix-and-match with a 10-class pass for $125?
I am on vacation from April 26th through May 10th, and I am unable to take phone calls/texts while away.
I will reply to your email as soon as I can after I return home.
I will be offering Reiki treatments at the 360 Wellness Clinic beginning in mid-May. Reiki is hands-on, non-manipulative energy work done fully clothed on a massage table. It can be extremely relaxing or extremely therapeutic, depending on the intention you bring to the session and what your body/mind needs at the time. The Reiki practitioner channels “rei ki” (a Japanese term often translated as “Universal Energy”) from his or her hands into the client, and the client’s body uses the energy in the way that it needs it at the time. As such, the Reiki practitioner is not a healer, but a conduit for healing energy.
Reiki has helped me physically and emotionally over the past couple of years, and I am excited to be able to help others in this way.
May 30th, 11:00am-4:00pm
Seeds of Change, George Street United Church
Join me at 12:30 for a 30-minute outdoor workshop on Yoga for the Workplace.
Balance At Work is bringing walking meetings to Peterborough! Let me help you and your team get up and move AND have a creative and productive meeting. I will lead the walk as we walk outdoors and use nature, deep breathing, and yoga to overcome creative blocks, impasses, and conflict. If you’d like, I can also facilitate the meeting and/or provide a notetaker and meeting minutes so that you can be fully present in the meeting. Contact me if you would like to discuss how this would work for you.
Looking for a great gift idea? Every-body could use some yoga in their lives. Contact me if you would like to offer this gift to someone you care about.
Other Articles in this issue: